PICNICS ARE FINISHED FOR THE 2021 SEASON
We’ve set up special picnic spots around the farm and put together some delicious picnic basket options for you to choose from! Each picnic spot can have up to 10 people. Your furry friends are also welcome to join (but please keep them on their leash)! At each picnic spot, you’ll find 1 picnic table with an umbrella, a garbage can, and a ‘farm fun bin’ with a frisbee & other play items. You’ll also receive a wagon when you arrive at the farm, so you don’t have to worry about carrying your food or personal items out to the field. If you would like to bring blankets or extra chairs, you are welcome to do so!
PLEASE NOTE: Picnic spots must be booked in advance.
SANDWICHES – each guest must purchase a sandwich.
Sandwiches are served on our house-made sourdough focaccia with a side pickle.
Smokey Sammie $15: house-made smoked beef brisket, horseradish Demi glaze & mayo.
Sweet & Spicy Chicken & Waffles $15: Maple syrup marinated chicken & thick-cut double smoked bacon, sandwiched between two Belgian waffles & topped with spicy mayo & coleslaw.
Classic Ham Sandwich $12: Cured ham, cheddar cheese, mustard, mayo & lettuce.
The Henwich (Vegetarian) $12: Free run egg salad, topped with fresh lettuce & pickles.
Grilled Veggie (Vegetarian) $15: Locally grown grilled mushrooms, zucchini, peppers & onions, with hummus, goat cheese & a balsamic reduction.
Cucumber Club (Vegan) $15: Locally grown cucumbers, pickles, micro greens, hummus, tomato & cashew vegan cheese.
KIDS SANDWICH MENU – includes apple slices & a side of chips.
PB & J OR Ham & Cheese $8
Please contact us about any allergies. Sub for GF bread – add $2.50
HAPPY APPY ADD-ONS:
Chips & Dips $12: Choose from our dip selection below. Includes one 250ml dip & a bag of corn tortilla chips (GF) or kettle chips. Options include: Garlic & Onion Dip (kettle chips), Lentil Dip, Black Bean Dip (corn chips), Guacamole, Smoked Fish Dip (corn chips).
Side Salad $3.50: 8oz house-made salad. Choice of:
The Seasons Salad (V, GF): A mix of seasonal produce served with a house-made vinaigrette.
Potato Salad (V): Our secret recipe potato salad!
Coleslaw (V): Pingle’s house-made creamy coleslaw.
Apple Caramel Toffee Dip $8: Served with sliced apples. Feeds 4.
2″ Strawberry Tart $3
BOOK YOUR SPOT
AVAILABLE SATURDAY & SUNDAY, WEEKLY.
Picnic time slots (1.5 hours each) must be booked in advance, using our website. Bookings are available up until 24 hours before the selected time slot (while quantities last).
Each booking is subject to a $20 flat fee for the site rental, plus the cost of your ‘picnic baskets.’ One picnic basket must be purchased for every person attending the picnic. You will receive a wristband for every basket purchased. Wristbands must be worn at all times! Available time slots are:
10am – Noon
12:30pm – 2:30pm
TICKETS MUST BE PURCHASED IN ADVANCE. SPOTS ARE LIMITED AND WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCOMMODATE WALK INS.
The Fine Print
• There are no cancellations & no rescheduling within 24 hours of the date of the picnic, as everything is made to order & our kitchen staff will have started their prep.
• In the event of inclement weather, we will waive the $20 picnic fee and your meal will be packaged up for take out.
• While you’re at the farm, please be mindful that we are a working farm. At times there may be tractors or other equipment going by. Due to this, please stay at your designated picnic spot & don’t wander off.
• Please keep your pets on a leash and clean up after them.
• Please no alcohol, or outside food or drink.
• Washrooms are located behind the market.
• Please wash your hands before entering the field.
• When you’re finished your picnic, please clean up after yourself.
• All “Farm Fun Bin” items are property of Pingle’s Farm Market and are not to be removed from the picnic area.
• Picnic spots are limited, but there may be times where you pass another family setting up or enjoying a spot of their own. Please respect their space and always stay 6 ft apart.
• Everyone attending your picnic MUST wear a wristband at all times. To receive a wristband you must purchase a picnic basket (i.e. if you are booking the picnic spot for 8 people, you must purchase 8 baskets).
• Please ensure you leave your picnic spot at the indicated time. This gives us enough time to sanitize everything properly before the next group of people arrives.