Summer Corn Gazpacho
This refreshing soup is perfect to serve on hot summer nights. It’s quick to prepare too!
PREP TIME: 15 Minutes
CHILLING TIME: 2 Hours
In food processor, purée tomatoes, garlic and onion until smooth. Transfer to large bowl. Add peppers to processor and pulse until finely chopped; add to tomato purée. Process cucumber until finely chopped; stir into tomato purée along with corn. Stir in vinegar and oil; add enough tomato juice to make a thick soup-like consistency. Season with salt and cayenne pepper to taste and up to 1 tbsp (15 mL) more vinegar, if desired.
Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours. Serve in chilled bowls, topped with julienned cucumber, peppers and croutons.
Ontario Field Tomatoes and Corn are available from July to October
- 6 Ontario Tomatoes (about 2-1/2 lb/1.25 kg), peeled, seeded and cut in chunks
- 4 cloves Ontario Garlic, chopped
- 1 small Ontario Onion, cut in chunks
- 2 Ontario Sweet Peppers (green and yellow), cut in chunks
- 1 Ontario Field Cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut in chunks
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) cooked Ontario Corn kernels
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) red wine vinegar (approx.)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) tomato juice or vegetable cocktail
- Salt and cayenne pepper
- Julienned Ontario Field Cucumber and Ontario Sweet Red and Green Peppers