Grilled Pork Chops with Kebabs
Leftovers make a great salad for lunch. Just slice pork into bite-size pieces, add Ontario Greenhouse cucumbers and tomatoes and any leftover grilled vegetables. Pack tzatziki in a separate container to spoon on top.
PREP TIME: 20 Minutes
COOK TIME: up to 22 Minutes
Place chops in shallow glass dish, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. In small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, oregano, basil and garlic. Drizzle half over chops and toss to coat. (Make ahead: cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours)
Cut each pepper into 8 chunks. On four 12-inch (30 cm) soaked bamboo skewers, thread 1 piece each of pepper, mushroom and a few onion pieces; repeat twice and add remaining pepper chunks.
Preheat grill on high. Place chops on greased grill; reduce heat to medium. Grill, covered, turning once until juices run clear when pierced and just a hint of pink remains, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove to platter; tent with foil and let stand. Meanwhile, increase heat to medium-high.
Brush kebabs with some of the remaining herb mixture. Grill covered turning frequently, until tender and browned, about 10 minutes; add to platter and drizzle with any remaining herb mixture. Serve with tzatziki and garnish with oregano.
To avoid flare-ups, soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
For even cooking, thread vegetables loosely onto skewers. No skewers? Grill vegetables in grill basket.
Ontario Garlic is available from July to February.
- 4 bone-in Ontario Pork Loin Chops (about 3/4-inch/2 cm thick)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried basil leaves
- 2 cloves Ontario Garlic, pressed
- Half each Ontario Greenhouse or Field Sweet Red and Yellow Peppers
- 12 Ontario Mushrooms (about 8 oz/250 g)
- 1 Ontario Onion, quartered and layers separated
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) prepared tzatziki
- Fresh Ontario Oregano