Caribbean Peach Punch
Juicy Ontario peaches are the star ingredient in this refreshing light punch. Freeze sliced peaches to have on hand when an island getaway is in order.
PREP TIME: 15 Minutes
COOLING TIME: 3 Hours
SERVINGS: 10 cups
In blender, in batches, purée sliced peaches, juice, coconut milk and honey until smooth. Transfer to large bowl; whisk in rum and lime juice. Cover and refrigerate until very cold (can be made the day before).
To serve, pour chilled mixture into punch bowl or large pitcher; add ginger ale. Place several peach slices, raspberries and ice cubes in each glass; fill with peach mixture.
Island Peach Pops: In blender, combine 2 cups (500mL) sliced peeled peaches, 3/4 cup (175mL) pineapple or orange juice, 3 tbsp (45mL) each honey and coconut milk; purée until smooth. Add 1/2 cup (125 mL) vanilla Greek yogurt and 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced peeled peaches; pulse to combine. Pour into 3 oz (90mL) paper cups, freeze partially then insert sticks or plastic spoons in centre of each pop. Or pour into ice-pop molds; insert sticks. Freeze until solid, 2 to 4 hours. Makes about 10 pops.
In true Caribbean-style, sprinkle each serving with freshly grated nutmeg.
For a non-alcoholic version, replace rum with an equal amount of juice.
- 5 cups (1.25 L) sliced peeled fresh or frozen Ontario Peaches
- 2 cups (500 mL) pineapple or orange juice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) coconut milk
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) Ontario Honey, or to taste
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) rum, or to taste
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) fresh lime juice
- 3 cups (750 mL) chilled ginger ale
- 2 Ontario Peaches, sliced (peeled if you like)
- Ontario Raspberries
- Ice cubes